Monday 28 May 2012

Run Fat Be-atch Run

I actually managed to rustle my body out of bed before 7:00am. 
I surprised myself and pulled the trainers out of the box and slapped them on my feet before I had time to really think about it.  
I zipped up my Lululemon sweatshirt, pushed my thumbs through the stupid holes in the cuffs and I bolted, well probably more like slow shuffled, out the door. 

The first thing I realised was....It was freezing, my nipples were harder than Chinese Arithmetic and my breathing was laboured and shallow due to the cold or maybe due to the fact that my lungs were working overtime as I hadn't moved this fast in like 500 years OR purhaps it was that other small thing....I did drink a bottle of red while watching The Block and Revenge last night - oh my how shameful the truth...but in saying that I was having one hell of a party at the time. 
I managed to get through 2km in 15 mins which felt like I had run the New York marathon but hey its a start and you know what I didn't stop!  Go me {insert happy little spastic dance here}

I felt so self righteous, even the 15 year old upstart who uttered these words of encouragement to me "Keep it up giggle bum, it will start working soon!" didn't dent my ego.  I felt a great sense of satisfaction especially when I flipped him the bird (how old am I again??!!).

Now I am having the breakfast of champions - that's what my husband calls it, I prefer to call it the Bloody Disgusting Concoction or BDC for short, but Ill let you decide, honestly I dare you - here's the recipe.

BDC
2 Carrots
2 Celery sticks
1/4 of a beetroot
1 apple
a knob of ginger (a bigger knob for the more daring punter)

xoxo Flabulous


No comments:

Post a Comment