Monday 28 May 2012

The Diet Cupboard

So I am now home from Mauritius and I am sure the plane landed heavy due to the excess baggage attached to my arse.    Lucky for me I arrive in on a Monday - Diet Day!!  (said with enthusiasm and a clapping of my hands).   For the last, I don't know, about 30 years Monday has always been diet day, it starts off with such potential and I am usually pretty good up until around lunch time, then I get the urge to splurge as a reward for having completed 4 hours of goodness....but this time things will be different.  As I mentioned before I am ready for the new and improved me!


The first thing I did when I arrived in was look in my diet cupboard for inspiration....I am sure everyone has one, you know the place where you stash all the fad diets that you buy and hope that they will work by osmosis... My diet cupboard looked something like this:
- Fatblaster (I only used two pills and then couldn't be bothered taking the rest)
- Fatblaster EXTREME (I didn't even open the box on this one)
- Biggest Loser Shakes or BLS as I like to call them (I feel like I haven't eaten if I don't chew, so usually have to have a big mac to wash these down))
- Biggest Loser Bars (Chalk anyone?)
- Ultraslim (As per the BLS)
- Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Shakes (Hello??!!)
- Rapid Loss (It just looked disgusting and I couldn't stomach the thought of stomaching this)
- Lemon Detox Diet (NEXT)
- Dukan Diet (Me, cooking??? I DON'T THINK SO!)
- Atkins (mmmmm all you can eat bacon and eggs - but see above)
- Run Fat Bitch Run (great, funny read....but my trainers are still in their box)
- Lite n Easy meal plans (from when I did it for a week - nice in theory but I had all these work lunches that week so it didn't work)
- Jenny Craig meal plans (another hectic week with work lunches)
- You are what you eat (the first two pages were good)
- The group fitness timetables (from the 2 gyms I am currently a member of)
- and so it could continue for a VERY long time!


OK so I am thinking enough of this ridiculousness, so I have just signed up to Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge which I am pretty sure will work this time so I am going to do something pretty amazing, I am cleaning out the diet cupboard so I stop feeling guilty about all my failures AND I am cancelling the Gym memberships as well (Take that stupid diet cupboard).


Oh by the way its just gone 3:30pm and I haven't even spoilt my new health eating regime and this fat bitch is starting her running program tomorrow morning - a 2km crawl - I'll let you know how I go.


xoxo Flabulous!







No comments:

Post a Comment